News on the greens, below.
|Opening Time||7:00 am|
|Current Competition||Vets single stroke|
|Social Play||All Day|
|Opening Time||7 :30am|
|Current Competition||Single Stableford|
|Social Play||All day|
Social play on Saturday is limited to 9 holes with tee off before 8:15 am. Or after 4 pm.
TRADING HOURS ( Golf Course & Driving Range )
Monday 7:30 – 4:00 Friday 7:00 – 7:00
Tuesday 7:00 - 3:00 Saturday 6:00 – 7:00
Wednesday 7:00 – 7:00 Sunday – 6:30 – 6:00
Thursday 7:30 – 4:00
As everyone is aware, we have had a major problem with our greens this year. The greens have been affected by an E.R.I Fungus. This root fungus is not normally found north of Coffs Harbour, and once the greens are affected it is very difficult and expensive to treat.
After a lot of research, we have decided to change the greens to a new variety of grass called Tifeagle. The current grass on the greens, Bemuda tifgreen 328, has past its use by date and has little resistance to disease when mown under 5mm.
The process to change the greens to Tifeagle :
1. We are going to build alternate greens on all the holes, using greenslees park. Number 1 & number 5 are already completed.
2. Prepare the current greens for planting. This will be done straight after our open in September.
3. Ross and Jason will drive down to Caboolture, and collect the stolens on Wednesday the 15th of October and be back on the 16th and the new surface will be planted on that day.
We will be asking for around 15 volenteers here that morning so that we can get the grass spread on all the greens as soon as possible.
We ask for your patience and understanding through the next few months while all of the work takes place. We have researched this grass, and it is the best way to go in the long term.
This is a step by step instructions on how to book in for a competition.To the left you will see the One Golf logo, click on that.Your username is the last four digits of your golf link number, ( not using the 00) Eg if your number is 4092200013 your username is 13.Your password is the first four digits of your date of birth. Eg. if your DOB is 9th April your password is 0904. If that doesn’t work it means I did not have your date of birth so your username will be 0101. If neither of those work phone the club, I have probably put in an incorrect DOB.Your will then get a box up to tell you to change your password, so do that using 0101 as your old password.Once you are in the site go into “My Details “and update any details that are incorrect or add, DOB, email address etc.To book into a competition click on bookings in the red box on top . You are then at the events page. Click on Nov ( 2013) and all the events for Nov will come up.Anything that is open you can book in for. Click on open, and the timesheet will come up.Click on the box with your preferred time on it. You will come to the timesheet with your name already on that time.If you don’t want to add any other names just confirm that time and that’s it. You can then go into another competition if you want and do the same.If you want to add other players to your group, go into the time you require and go to the search section, in one of the boxes put in the person you want to play with. Just start typing there name and a list will come up and pick the player from that list. you can add another 3 players to your group. Once you have the name, click on the small boxes next to each name then click confirm. All players are now in that time slot with you.You will notice a small x under each name. That allows you to delete the name if you wish. Any of the other players can also delete there own name only in that group.So get on there give it a try and let me know if you have any problems and I can go through it with you here.
- B & C GRADE PENNANTS.The B & C Grade Pennant teams travelled to Home Hill on the weekend to compete in this years pennant, both in Division 3. The B grade team is Alex Carson, Jack Drefke, Bob Stafford, Stuart McMillan, Steve Kelly, Ken Muckan, Jez Chyba. C Grade Ken Wolfenden, Bill Davies, Michael Hurley, John O’Neil, Snow Harper, Warren Whitfield, Angus Young, with Bob Platt from Proserpine filling in for us. . The B division will compeate against Pioneer Valley, Rowes Bay and Lavarack in Div 3. C Grade will also competed in Div 3 against Ayr and Magnetic Island. Both teams come in 2nd. Well done everyone.
- C Grade Pennant team: Ken Wolfenden, John O’Neil,)
- Angus Young, Bill Davies, Warren Whitfield, Michael Hurley,
- Snow Harper, Bob Platt ( Proserpine